Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Uphold All That Fall

Psalm 145:14
The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.

The QuickVerse Life Amplification quotes, “The LORD helps the fallen and lifts up those bent beneath their loads.” Sometimes our burdens seem more than we can bear, and we wonder how we can go on. David stands at this bleak intersection of life’s road and David meditates on the Lord, the great burden bearer. A bleak intersection is like a dark time when a person stands at the cross roads and he doesn’t know what to do. Through Psalm 145, David remembers that God is our great burden bearer and how God is able to lift us up.

Psalm 145:19b “He hears our cries and rescues us.”
If you are bending under a burden and feel that you are about to fall, turn to God for help. He is ready to lift you up and bear your burden.

Trust the Lord to uplift you today!

Song: My Burdens Rolled Away
1. I remember when my burdens rolled away;
I had carried them for years, night and day;
When I sought the blessed Lord,
And I took Him at His Word,
Then at once all my burdens rolled away.
Chorus:
Rolled away..., rolled away...,
I am happy since my burdens rolled away...;
Rolled away..., rolled away...,
I am happy since... my burdens.. rolled away.
[Minnie A. Steele]

No comments: