Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sweet Holy Spirit!

Psalm 51:11 KJV
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me.

David prayed this prayer to God: "Do not send me away from You or take Your Holy Spirit from me." This is a psalm of David when the prophet Nathan came to David after David's sin with Bathsheba.

David prayed with all of his heart from the whole chapter of Psalm 51. Verse 3-4: "I know about my wrongs, and I can't forget my sin. You are the only One I have sinned against; I have done what you say is wrong. You are right when You speak and fair when You judge." Verse 10, 12, 13, 17: "Create in me a pure heart, God, and make my spirit right again. Give me back the joy of salvation. Keep me strong by giving me a willing spirit. Then I will teach Your ways to those who do wrong, and sinners will turn back to You. The sacrifice God wants is a broken spirit. God, You will not reject a heart that is broken and sorry for sin. Verse 14a: I will sing about Your goodness." NCV

Song: Sweet, Sweet Spirit

Sweet Holy Spirit,
Sweet heavenly Dove,
Stay right here with us,
Filling us with Your love;
And for these blessings,
We lift our hearts in praise;
Without a doubt we'll know
That we have been revived
When we shall leave this place.
(Doris Mae Akers, Sing His Praise)

This morning this chorus came to me and I searched through technology Bible the word "Holy Spirit." Psalm 51:11 impressed me and to remind me not to become "slack (lazy) in the spirit." So we pray, "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Ps. 51:10). Oh yes, renew a right spirit within me in Jesus' name we pray. Amen!

Have a blessed day!

Dorothy

No comments: