Thursday, September 30, 2010

Redeemed 2

Galatians 3:13a,14 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law ... That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

This song, "Redeemed" reminds me of Maxine Strodebridge, the former teacher of Central Bible College, Springfield, Missouri in 1960’s. This was her favorite song and I have heard her sang it in sign language so many times that her face glow with the Glory of God on her. She also was the National Deaf Representative of Assembly of God. She was at our wedding in 1967 and at the Los Angles Airport, we watched her flew out to become a missionary to Korea under the work of Betty Haney. She worked for the government and that gave Maxine and Betty the privileges of starting the Deaf Ministry among Korean Deaf. Today there are many Deaf Churches in Korea. I like to share the favorite song of Maxine. She was my mentor during my teen and college years.

Song: Redeemed

1. Redeemed how I love it proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed thro’ His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.
Chorus: Re-deemed, Re-deemed,
Re-deemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Re-deemed, re-deemed,
His child, and forever, I am.

2. Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture could tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.
[Chorus]
3. I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.
[Chorus]
4. I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose law I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.
[Chorus] (Fanny Jane Crosby)

May the Lord bless the Redeemed Ones!