Friday, September 10, 2010

Glory of God Series 9

“… Then they shall know that I am the Lord.”
Ezekiel 12:15; 39:28

From Ezekiel 12:15, I have checked out about 65 references on the title, “Then they shall know that I am the Lord,” from the technology Bible NIV until I reached 39:28 “Then they will know that I am the Lord their God …” From there and here, I have noticed that there were so many warnings from the Lord. Why God would give so many warnings? God loved His own people, Israel. The warnings showed that God was hurt and grieved that His people had worshiped the false gods instead of worshiping Him. God had hoped for His people would come back to Him.

The book of Ezekiel has the most emphasis of “then they shall know that I am the Lord” as opposed to the false god that they choose over Him. Here are few examples how much God loves Israel and we are called, “Israel, His people.” Ezekiel 34:31 “You are my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are people, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign Lord.” 36:11 “… I will make you prosper more than before. Then you will know that I am the Lord” (NIV). God wants to bless you so trust Him today!

Song: My Savior First of All
(Chorus: I Shall Know Him)
I shall know .. Him, I shall know .. Him,
As redeemed by His side I shall stand …;
I shall know .. Him, I shall know .. Him,
by the print of the nails in His hand.
(Fanny Crosby, the blind lady who wrote
over 1,000 songs, Sing His Praise)