Thursday, September 16, 2010

Glory of God Series 13

“In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.” Isaiah 30:15c

Different translations:
“… in keeping quiet and trusting shall be your strength.” Rhm
“... peace and hope are your strength.” Bas
“… your strength is quiet faith.” Mof
“If you will be calm and trust Me, you will be strong.” Ncv

From this verse, God spoke to Isaiah to tell His people to return to Him. He promised strength to them, but they would not listen to Him. This is important to take a moment of quiet time and trusting God will flow from His strength into your strength. The glory of God is our strength. Let His glory flow into our being and be strong again.

I found the song from the ‘Sing His Praise’ book called, “Blessed Quietness.” It is new to me and I think I am going to learn this.

Chorus: Blessed Quietness
Blessed quietness, Holy quietness,
What assurance (satisfy) in my soul ….
On the stormy sea
He speaks peace to me;
How the billows (waves) cease (stop) to roll (troubles).
(Manie Payne Ferguson)

Let the peace of God flows through our inner spirits.

PS. I would appreciate your prayer since I will be flying out to Edmonton, Canada tonight for Deaf Women Retreat over the weekend. Thank you!

No comments: