Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Psalm The Shepherd

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul [KJV]. He lets me rest in green pastures. He leads me to calm water. He gives me new strength [NCV]. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength [NLT]. He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. He refreshes and restores my life [my self][AMP].
Psalm 23:2, 3a

What does this mean to me?
Out of the entire Psalm, these verses are the greatest blessing to me to picture Christ as my Shepherd. He makes me as a sheep to “lie down” in green meadows. The sheep would lie down to relax and be able to eat the fresh and tender pastures. Afterward, the Shepherd leads the sheep to the calm water to drink. The sheep cannot drink from the fast current river. It makes them nervous. It has to be peaceful streams, easy to drink from.

We like the sheep sitting down and eating His Word through reading or studying the Bible and read devotional books. Jesus will lead me to find topic to study and to write Fresh Manna. It is the food to my soul. Jesus, the Shepherd leads me to Holy Spirit who represents the peaceful streams. Then He refreshes my soul. He renews my strength. He restores my life. It is a beautiful picture of the Shepherd and the Sheep [Rev. 7:17].

Chorus: He Leadeth Me
He leadeth me, He leadeth me, By His own hand He leadeth me:
His faithful follower I would be, For by His hand He leadeth me.
[Lyrics: Joseph H. Gilmore, Music: William B. Bradbury]

No comments: