Saturday, August 15, 2009

Esther’s Entrance to the King

On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner courtyard of the King’s palace, facing the king’s hall. The king was sitting on his royal throne in the hall, facing the doorway. When the king saw Queen Esther standing in the courtyard, he was pleased. He held out to her the gold scepter that was in his hand, so Esther went forward and touched the end of it [Esther 5:1-2 NCV].

This is a picture-story like Esther’s entrance to the king, we as a child of the King can come into God’s presence at any time. Why? God has given us His Son to be our Savior and now we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous and His blood covers us [1John 2:1]. Like Esther, the king was pleased to look at her. God is pleased to look unto us when we enter boldly into the throne of God to find mercy and grace to help in time of need [Hebrews 4:16].

What this mean to me?
God is pleased when we come to Him to worship Him and to love Him with all of our hearts. Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. There is a song collection that often led me to sing: O how I love Him, how I adore Him, my breath my sunshine, my all in all. The great Creator became my Savior and in God’s fullness dwelleth in Him (Jesus). Sometimes I would sing personally to Him: “O how I love You, how I adore You, my breath my sunshine, my all in all. The great Creator became my Savior and in God’s fullness dwelleth in Jesus."

No comments: