Monday, August 24, 2009

The Heart 2

We could learn more about the heart since the Bible speaks of the heart as the center; “out of it are the issues of life” (Proverbs 4:23 and Luke 6:45). The heart is the center of the intellect, emotions and human will. When I say things rashly that was not what I intend to say, I often quoted from Jeremiah 17:9 “the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked: who can know it?” This is the reason why I need the Holy Spirit to fill my heart with God’s Word. Psalm 119:11 ‘Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.'

God spoke of “harden hearts” to His people during the time of 40 years of wilderness and how they often grieved Him. In the book of Hebrews was the letter with warnings to believers not to harden their hearts (Heb. 3:8-12). Anyone who continues to reject God’s word will eventually have a hardened heart.

God has the answer to the sinfulness of the human heart is regeneration. It comes to all those who repent of their sins, turn to God, and put a personal faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior. Regeneration is a change of heart. The person who repents from his heart of all sin and confesses in his heart that Jesus is Lord, this person is born again and receives a new heart from God [Rom.10:9; Ps. 51:10; Ezek. 11:19].

When we were born again God creates a desire in our hearts to love Him and to obey Him. I pray that God’s love in your heart will be so full that it will flows to others who needs to feel the love of God from your very heart. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: