Thursday, October 5, 2017

He is Jehovah! 10/3/17

03 October 2017 - He is Jehovah!  Manna by Dorothy Callies

Song: He Is Jehovah
1. He is Jehovah, God of creation,
He is Jehovah, Lord God Almighty,
The Balm of Gilead, the Rock of Ages,
He is Jehovah, the God that healeth thee.
Chorus:
Sing hallelujah, sing hallelujah,
Sing hallelujah, sing hallelujah!
He is Jehovah, Lord God Almighty,
He is Jehovah, the God that healeth thee.

2. He is the great “I AM,” the God of Abraham,
Jehovah Shalom, the God of Peace “I AM,”
The God of Israel, the everlasting One,
He is Jehovah, the God that healeth thee. (Chorus)

3. He’s your Provider, Jehovah Jireh,
God of Salvation, God of Messiah;
The Son he sent to you and testified of Him.
He is Jehovah, the God that healeth thee. (Chorus)
[Lyrics and music: Betty Jean Robinson, singing His Praise]

Somehow the song touched my heart and I researched the title, “Jehovah” and found two of them that impressed me very much.  Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.”

I noticed the Isaiah chapter 12 has a short verses from 1-6. I read the commentary that explain the theme, “IN THAT DAY.” It is the prophecy about the future Messiah. God’s people will praise Him when the Messiah begins to reign the whole world. Even now we are encouraged to pray and expect in faith and hope, looking forward to His return on earth to reign in righteousness. When that day comes, we will sing the song of praise.

In Isaiah 26:4 “Trust in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.” I noticed the verse 3 above verse 4: “Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee because he trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3 has always been my favorite verse, “You, God, will keep me in perfect peace when my mind is thinking of You because I trusted You completely.” I interpret this to myself.

Again, Isaiah chapter 26:1 quoted, “IN THAT DAY shall this song be sung in the land of Judah . . .” This chapter is about song of rejoicing in JEHOVAH in the land of Judah and their song concerns God’s triumphant of all evil and Christ’s establishment of His kingdom.

Dorothy: What this means to me? It was just a simple inspiration about the song. And the verses that comes with it, it has truly blessed me so much more. Yes, there are devotion books about the names of Jehovah, but the song was more blessed to me.

May the Lord bless you today!

No comments: