Saturday, October 14, 2017

God's Blessing 10/14/17

14 October 2017 - God’s Blessings – Manna by Dorothy Callies

            Tony and I went to visit Bloomington Rehab Healthcare on Friday, October 13 to visit Tony’s former roommate that he stayed with him for four months from May 12 to Sept. 11. Tony walked with walker toward his former room and his roommate, Alan described seeing Tony was like a “bright shining sun” when Tony stood tall to greet him.  Both of them were happy to see each other. Josh was with us as a volunteer to help interpret for us. Bless his heart.
            There was also another Certified Nurse Assistant who were so happy to see Tony as he sat on his “old bed.” The CNA also sat next to him joyfully and both of them chatted away and it was such a blessing to watch them. She was amazed to see how much Tony has improved since he left.
            On Sept. 11, He left the BLM Rehab in a wheelchair and a month later on Oct. 13, Tony came in with walker. It was a blessing to those who knew Tony was in wheelchair for four months and now he has been able to walk long distance with walker since Sept. 22.  Since Tony has shown a great improvement in three weeks’ time, two therapists referred Tony to the Center of Medical Rehab starting Oct. 18th evaluation and exercise. 

Reading Joseph Prince devotion called, Jesus is your qualification for God’s blessings, has touched my heart when I read, “God loves to bless you.” Deuteronomy 28:2 “And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you.”

Joseph Prince quoted: My friend, I have good news for you: Jesus is the one who qualifies us for every single blessing because He has kept all of God’s commandments, He also redeemed us from the curse of the law. (Galatians 3:13) Note that He did not redeem us from the blessings of the law, so the blessings are still ours today! So it is a question of how much you can believe God for His blessings. All the promises of God in Christ are “Yes”, and because you are in Christ, you can say, “Amen!” to His blessings! (2 Cor. 1:20)

Dorothy: So it is God’s grace that we take the blessings through faith. I am believing God for the blessings for Tony and me. I am believing for God’s blessings upon your lives. Lord, may the blessings fall on them, in Jesus’ name. Amen! I remember the song.

Song: Make Me a Blessing
(Lyrics: Ira Bishop Wilson, Sing His Praise)
Give as ‘twas given to you in your need;
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed;
Unto your mission be true.
Chorus:
Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing,
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.

May you become a blessing to someone today! 

No comments: