Saturday, October 28, 2017

God is Faithful 1 - 10/28/17

28 October 2017 God Is Faithful 1 – Manna by Dorothy Callies
Song: Hear Christ's Calling
Hear Christ's calling, Come unto Me..
Come unto Me.., Come unto Me..,
Hear Christ's calling, Come unto Me,
I will give.. you.. rest...
I will give.. you.. rest...
I will give.. you.. rest...
Hear Christ's calling, Come unto Me
I will give.. you.. rest...
[Collection song, author: unknown]

God is faithful. I Corinthians 1:9

KJV: God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ
our Lord.
NCV: God, who has called you to share everything with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
ASL: God is faithful, who has called you to share everything with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
AMP: God is faithful--reliable, trustworthy and [therefore] ever true to His promise, and He can be depended on; by Him you were called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dorothy: I just felt like once again I need to focus on God’s character at a time like this that "God is faithful.” Yes, I remind myself, “God is faithful.”
            A story about Willie Myrick has really hit me. Why? “Willie was kidnapped from his driveway when he was 9 years old.  For hours, he traveled in a car with his kidnapper, not knowing what would happen to him.   During that time, Willie decided to sing a song called “Every Praise.” As he repeatedly sang the words, his abductor spewed profanity and told him to shut up.  Finally, the man stopped the car and let Willie out—unharmed.
            As Willie demonstrated, truly praising God the Lord requires us to concentrate on God’s character while forsaking what we fear, what is wrong with our lives, and the self-sufficiency in our hearts.” [“Quote” is from The Daily Bread, Jennifer Benson Schuldt]
            When I read God's Word, it reminds me who God is especially when I see tragic news on TV, as if God was just standing by and doing nothing. I know that is not true. But Satan wants me to believe that so how do I correct this? I abide in God's Word that tells me He is true to His promise and He can be depended on.
             I would tune in the Christians' news on TBN and watch God’s miracles in the lives of people.  This encourages me to know that God is faithful by calling people to accept Jesus Christ, His Son and to have fellowship with Him.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I pray that we all will 'hear' Your calling inside of our hearts, to read Your Word, to sing Your praise and to bring others to You. Also to encourage others to build their faith in You. Bless all my friends and families to keep in touch with You and healed their bodies in the name of Jesus. We love You. We praise You. We adore You. We look forward to Your coming, in Jesus' name. Amen.
[Revised from Fresh Manna on May 7, 2008, God Is Faithful - 5]

No comments: