Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Live to Praise Him 9/27/17

27 September 2017 - Live to Praise Him – Manna by Dorothy Callies

King Solomon wrote about “all is vanity” with man and their everyday routine. After his long research for man’s purpose of life, Solomon finally came to the conclusion: “Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work unto judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil” (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14).

What brought this on? It was about the “everyday routine” that I was thinking about. I ask myself a question: What was the whole purpose of our everyday routine when Tony and I stayed home a lot. It took time for Tony to regain his strength with his body and to be able to strengthen his hip and his arm and shoulder.

While mediating, I came to remember King Solomon and his “futility.” I was curious as to why I thought of it so I did some research on the word, futility.  It came from futile and it means having no result; useless; concerned with not important things.  Futility means useless act. In another word, nothing gain from it. Also vain (vanity) means having no success such as “all is waste”.

God did not created us for “nothing.” King Solomon realized that from Ecclesiastes 12:1 and quoted, “Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth . . .” So it applied to me that I am to remember, my Creator . . . so I am singing to my Creator . . .  And it is worthy to worship Him, to sing unto Him and to remember our Creator who takes pleasures in us.  

So my daily duty is to show great respect to my Creator and to read His Word and keep His commandment that bring life to my whole being (spirit, soul, mind, heart and strength). Like David said, “While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being” Psalm 146:2.

Song: Oh, How I Love Him!
Oh, how I love Him!
     How I adore Him!
My breath, my sunshine,
     My all in all:
The great Creator
     Became my Savior,
And all God’s fullness
     Dwelleth in Him.
(Inspiring Choruses)

May God bless you today!

Dorothy

No comments: