Thursday, December 4, 2014

Light So Shine 12/4

Matthew 5:16, KJV
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Jesus explained, "You are the light that gives light to the world. A city that is built on a hill cannot be hidden. And people don't hide a light under a bowl. They put it on a lampstand so the light shines for all the people in the house, in the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and will praise your Father in heaven" (Matt. 5:13-16, NCV). 

Peter explained, "Dear friends, you are like foreigners and strangers in this world. I beg you to avoid the evil things your bodies want to do that fight against your soul. People who do not believe are living all around you and might say that you are wrong. Live such good lives that they will see the good things you do and will give glory to God on the day when Christ comes again" (1 Peter 2:11-12, NCV). 

Inspiration: What impressed me is that you can't hide your life under a bowl. Have you ever met some Deaf Christians who tried to hide their lives? Maybe some Deaf says, "That's like show off?" Then Peter explained more clearly that it is your normal, daily lives that you have allow Christ inside of you to shine every day. You can't hide Christ inside of you. People around you will see that you are different. You are so nice. You are willing to do good things even when other people may not be so nice to you. Let them see that you are willing to do good things and they will be impressed. That is when your Father in heaven will be so proud of you. It glorified Him! 

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for your words of wisdom to remind me that you are glorified when I tried to do good things at my work and among my friends and at home. Thank you Jesus for your words. Thank you Holy Spirit to keep me shining for Him. In Jesus' name, I pray, amen!

Song: Keep Me Shining for Thee
Lord, keep me shining for Thee,
Oh, keep me shining for Thee.
In a world wrap in night,
Keep me pure, keep me bright,
Lord, keep me shining for Thee,
Oh, keep me shining for Thee
    Until I behold Thy face. 
(Out of memory, not sure where to find this.
I may need to correct this later.)

No comments: