Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Calm and Quiet 12/17-19

Psalm 131:2 "I have calmed and quieted my soul."

In search of silence is to find a place that is perfectly quiet. A soul need a place to quiet our inner being, a place where God has our full attention. Looking at the translations, it was entirely new to me. I like what it says. It gives a beautiful illustration between you and God.

NLT: "But I have stilled and quieted myself, just as a small child is quiet with its mother. Yes, like a small child is my soul within me." Psalm 131:2

NCV: "But  I am calm and quiet, like a baby with its mother. I am at peace, like a baby with its mother." Ps. 131:2 

Inspiration: The Holy Spirit brought a line of song, "There is a place of quiet rest." And I search for that song that fits the line, Near to the Heart of God. Devotion fits well that God held us like a baby close to His heart and He wants us to be calm in His arms of love. He wants us to be at peace. So let us trust our loving heavenly Father!

SONG: NEAR TO THE HEART OF GOD
1. There is a place of quiet rest, Near to the heart of God.
A place where we cannot molest, Near to the heart of God.
Chorus:
O Jesus, blest Redeemer, Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee, Near to the heart of God.

2. There is a place of comfort sweet, Near to the heart of God.
A place where we our Savior meet, Near to the heart of God.
Chorus: See above.

3. There is a place of full release, Near to the heart of God.
A place where all is joy and peace, Near to the heart of God.
Chorus: See above.
(Cleland Boyd McAfee, Sing His Praise)

No comments: