Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Some Thank the Lord

I Thessalonians 5:18 “In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (KJV).

For several days, I went through what it was like, “listless feelings.” The word, listless means, too tired or too little interested to want to do things; having a lack of desire to act or move from earlier list “desire, liking” (Merriam-Webster). So I questioned myself, “What is this? I was not comfortable with it until I remind myself that being an intercessor; I might felt what someone else was going through.” So I prayed.  “Lord, is someone going through this? What do you, Lord wants us to do?”

I came across the devotion I was reading and then I realized something. Paul, the Epistle Writer, if we know the stories of what Paul went through. Yet Paul encouraged us, “No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus” (NLT). So what does God wants us to do? “Give thanks whatever happens. That is what God wants for you to do in Christ Jesus” (NCV).

In his Epistles, Paul wrote about thanksgiving more often. Paul believed that the followers of Jesus could be thankful for everything because God is in the control, and He is working things out for the believers’ good. Thanksgiving is given through Jesus for everything because Colossians 3:15 and 17 tells us to “be thankful” and “giving thanks to God.”

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father! When we are going through this “listless spirits,” I want to thank You for giving us an authority through Jesus Christ to “command that spirit of listless” to come out of us. Deliver us from evil for Thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory forever in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!

Song: Thank You, Lord
Chorus:
Thank you Lord, for saving my soul;
Thank you Lord, for making me whole;
Thank you Lord, for giving to me
Thy great salvation so rich and free.

1. Some thank the Lord for friends and home,
For mercies sure and sweet;
But I would praise Him for His grace,
In prayer I would repeat. (Then chorus)

2. Some thank Him for the flowers that grow,
Some for the stars that shine;
My heart is filled with joy and praise,
Because I know He’s mine. (Then chorus)

3. I trust in Him from day to day,
I prove His saving grace;
I’ll sing this song of praise to Him
Until I see His face. (Then chorus)
(Mr. and Mrs. Seth Sykes, Singspiration)

No comments: