Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Friendship

Psalm 25:14 “The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him; and He will show them His covenant” (KJV).

There’s a good translation from New Century Version “The Lord tells His secrets to those who respect Him; He tells them about his agreement.” And also from NLT: “Friendship with the Lord is reserved for those who fear him. With them he shares the secrets of his covenant.”

What a wonderful friendship with the Lord that is reserved for those who show great respect toward Him! God offers intimate and lasting friendship. God wants to talk with us and be very close to Him like a warm friendship and a feeling of belonging to Him. Our everlasting friendship with God will grow as we continue to show respect to Him.

Another thing to know how He chose the kind of people He wants to make friends with.  Proverbs 3:31-32 “Do not envy violent people; don’t copy their ways. Such wicked people are an abomination to the Lord, but he offers his friendship to the godly” (NLT). The secret of the Lord actually interpreted “Friendship with the Lord … so He offers His friendship to the person who lives godly lives.” He would not choose the violent people because it is disgusting and detestable to Him.

Jesus said to His disciples, “I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you” (John 15:15). So I looked for a song, under the name “Friendship” and I was surprised to find this title of the song: “Friendship with Jesus.” This is an awesome “Manna” from the Lord this morning. I appreciate this, Lord!

Song: Friendship with Jesus
Chorus: Friendship with Jesus, Fellowship divine;
Oh, what blessed sweet communion, Jesus is a friend of mine.

1. A friend of Jesus, oh, what bliss That one so weak as I
    Should ever have a friend like this, To lead me to the sky.
2. A friend when other friendships cease, A friend when others fail;
    A friend who gives me joy and peace, A friend who will prevail.
3. A friend to lead me in the dark, A friend who knows the way;
    A friend to steer my weak, frail bark, A friend my debts to pay.
4. A friend when sickness lays me low, A friend when death draws near;
    A friend as thro’ the vale I go, A friend to help and cheer.
5. A friend when life’s rough voyage is over, A friend when death is past;
    A friend to greet on heaven’s shore, A friend when home at last.
             (Lyrics: J. C. Ludgate, Sing His Praise)

May the Lord bless you today!

Dorothy

No comments: