Thursday, March 14, 2013

Insurmountable

Matthew 11:28 “Come unto Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (NIV).

Jesus’ gracious invitation comes to all “that labor and are heavy laden” with the troubles of life and the sins of our own human nature. By coming to Jesus, becoming His servant, and obeying His direction, Jesus will free you from your insurmountable burdens and give you rest, peace, and His Holy Spirit to lead you through life. What trials and cares you carry will be borne with His help and grace [Note from The Full Life Study Bible, Donald Stamps].

The word, insurmountable means incapable of being surmounted. The word, surmount means overcome like surmount an obstacle; 2: to get to the top of like climb; 3: to stand like a weather vane surmounts the roof. The word, incapable means not able to do something like incapable of cleaning her room thoroughly. The word, obstacle means something that stands in the way of progress or achievement like hindrance or prevent from doing something.

So what this means to me, “Jesus will free you from your insurmountable burdens.” Let me think … What was too much for me, He will help me through it. What was more than I could handle, Holy Spirit will lead me step by step. Praise the Lord! Thank you, Lord for this precious “Manna” that you gave to me this morning. So “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need” (Heb.4:16 KJV).

Song: Jesus Will Lead Me
Jesus will lead me night and day,
Jesus will lead me all the way,
He is the truest Friend to me,
For I remember Calvary.
(W. C. Martin, Sing His Praise, “I Remember Calvary”)

May God bless you today.

Dorothy

No comments: