Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Series 11: Seven Petitions

Series Eleven: The Seven Petitions on The Lord's Prayer

“Thy” Petitions “In heaven”
1. Thy name be hallowed,
2. Thy kingdom come,
3. Thy will be one.
On earth as it is in heaven.

“Us” Petitions “On earth”
4. Give us our daily bread.
5. Forgive us our debts (our sins),
As we forgive those who sins against us.
6. Lead us not into temptation,
7. Deliver us from the evil one.

Benediction: Thine is the kingdom, power and all the glory.

Benediction means an expression of good wishes. 2. The short
blessing at the end of a religious service. 3. To praise,
speak well. (Bene “well” and diction “to say.”)
From Latin means “To bless.”

The Lord's Prayer for Me.
My heavenly Father, may Your name be holy in me,
May Your kingdom rule my life,
May Your will control me,
May You be sovereign on earth as You are in heaven,
Give me daily bread for today's need,
Forgive my debts as I forgive my debtors,
Lead me not into temptation,
Protect me from the evil one,
Your kingdom rules in my life,
Your power can do anything,
And Your glory is forever and ever. Amen.
(Author: Dr. Towns, Praying The Lord’s Prayer)

No comments: