Friday, August 26, 2011

Faithful is He

1 Thessalonians 5:24
KJV: Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it.
NIV: The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it.
NCV: You can trust the One who calls you to do that for you.
NLT: God, who calls you, is faithful; he will do this.
NIRV: The One who has chosen you is faithful. He will do all these things.

This is the word of encouragement from Holy Spirit quoting this verse to me: "Faithful is He who calleth you, who also will do it." I remember Maxine Strobridge's favorite verse she quoted it every time Maxine stood up to speak. She was the former National Representative for the Deaf (1950's to 1967. In 1967 she became Missionary to Korea.) First time I met her when I was about 15 years old and she looked at me and spoke to me that God has a plan for me. God laid on her heart to work on having special classes for the Deaf in Central Bible College at Springfield, Missouri. I was 19 years old when the first classes for the Deaf were opened in 1962. I was one of the twelve deaf students and looking back to all the years what God has done until now in 2011. Maxine was right. God did have a plan.

I had a thought wondering if I would continue with the "Bread Box" (Fresh Manna). That is when the verse popped up "be faithful" to what God has called me to do. Oh oh . . . the word "faithful" is an important word to remember because of the "reward day" is coming when Jesus will speak to His servant and say, "Well done, good and faithful servant . . . enter thou into the joy of the Lord" (Matt. 25:23).

Has God called you to do something for Him?

Trust God today!

Dorothy

No comments: