Friday, August 19, 2011

Poem: Instead of

Veronica Nickerson of Winnipeg, Canada send this poem.
Thank you Veronica!

While reading my bible, I looked at Matthew 6:11 (“Give us this day our daily bread” – we should praise God, pray for His work in the world, pray for our daily needs, and pray for help in our daily struggles.) It teaches me that before I start to pray, I make sure I mean what I say. I must admit that I never or know how to write poems in my life but this one I am amazed. I would like to share my poem God inspired me with you.

Poem: "Instead Of"

Instead of wanting people see me as a Christian,
I learn to let them see Jesus in me.

Instead of looking at people’s sins & faults,
I learn to look at my own sins & faults.

Instead of trying to run people’s lives,
I learn to let God control our lives.

Instead of with words saying how much I love God & others,
I learn to show my actions of my love & meanings.

Instead of throwing “preaching” words down people’s throats,
I learn to be friends with them & tell them how Jesus has saved my life.

Instead of thinking as myself as “holy”,
I learn to let Holy Spirit change my life everyday.

Instead of sitting & letting people do for me,
I learn to take skills God gives me into actions to glorify Him.

Instead of waiting for people to come visit me,
I learn to go visit them or texting them that they are
in my thoughts & see how they are doing.

Instead of expecting people to help me or give me gifts or their times,
I learn to give them my time, gifts, love with no return.

Instead of telling them what to do or criticizing them,
I learn to listen to them and what they have to say.

Instead of disliking their ways of serving God,
I learn to see their background of their lives, and
learn to have patience and harmony with them because
God created us.

Instead of worrying what people think of me,
I learn to worry what God thinks of me.

Blessings,
Veronica

No comments: