Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Perfect Love

1 John 4:18b "Perfect love casteth out fear."

Why is it important to have "perfect love?" Because fear hath torment. To have torment is to experience extreme pain, distress of body or mind. To have torment is a cause of suffering in mind or body. To have torment is a cause of worry and trouble in your soul. The word harass is another meaning for torment. Harass means to tire out by continual efforts b: to annoy persistently c: to create an unpleasant situation.

Fear indeed is an unpleasant feeling to have. Pastor Connie mention in Jabez's devotion: "In this time of turmoil - again and again people come to me worried, scared and unsure. One thing I know. That is for SURE - that I can "take to the bank" is the WORD OF GOD!"

So how do we get "perfect love?" The answer is found in 1 John 4:17 NLT says "And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect." In Amplified Bible the word perfect, means full-grown, complete, and perfect.

Full-grown love turns fear out of the doors. Our full-grown love grows more complete when we have fellowship with Him and His Word. That is how you get "perfect love." Just let God lives in your heart. 1 John 4:16 NLT says "God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them."

You either have fear or God. You can't have both. So we need Him and His Word in our hearts to drive out fears!

So trust God today!

Dorothy

Song: I Need Thee Every Hour
I need Thee every hour,
Most gracious (precious) Lord;
No tender heart like Thine
Can peace afford (give).
Chorus:
I need thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee!
O bless me now, My Savior,
I come to Thee.
(Annie Sherwood Hawks, Sing His Praise)

No comments: