Thursday, December 4, 2008

Grace & Strength

2 Corinthians 12:9a [God said to Paul]
KJV: “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my
strength is made perfect in weakness.”
NCV: “My grace is enough for you. When you
are weak, my power is made perfect in you.”

Song: At Calvary

Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty,
At Cal – va – ry….
[Lyrics: William R Newell]
[Music: Daniel B. Towner]


Dorothy: What is grace?
Grace is God's presence, favor, and power. It is a force, a heavenly
strength given to you who call upon God. This grace will come down
upon you, the faithful believer who accepts the weaknesses and
difficulties for the gospel's sake. When our weakness and trials for
Christ is too great to bear, God will give us more grace to do what
He wants us to do. What He gives is always enough for us to live our
daily lives, to work for Him, and to endure our suffering. When we
come near to Christ, Christ will give His heavenly strength and
comfort on us.

Like Paul, when we say, our weakness bring glory to God and the
power of Christ will come upon us and live within us as we look
forward to our heavenly home. Heavenly Father, I pray for strength
and healing for our weak bodies and that we will glorify You because
of Your love for us. Thank You for Your presence, Your favor and
Your power upon us in Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Memory of song came to me: Grace, grace, God's grace, Grace that
will pardon and cleanse within; Grace, grace, God's grace, Grace
that is greater than all our sin. May God bless you today.