Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I Chronicles 4:9-10
KJV: And Jabez was more honorable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez saying, Because I bare him with sorrow. v10. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it might not grieve me! And God granted him that which he request.

NCV: There was a man name Jabez, who was respected more than his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because she said, "I was in much pain when I gave birth to him." Jabez prayed to the God of Israel, "Please do good things for me and give me more land. Stay with me, and don't let anyone hurt me. Then I won't have any pain." And God did what Jabez had asked.

Dorothy: There is a book called, The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson. It is a small book and worthy to read. The Deaf Church also had videotaped Tony's preaching on the Prayer of Jabez around 1999. Now it is available on DVD. One set of Jabez's Five DVD. $10.00 or more donations to Deaf Prayer Partners Ministry, 1003 Arlene Court, #2, Bloomington, Illinois 61701 would be appreciated. Just ask for DVD on JABEZ ORDER. Donation is for the cost of DVD, copy, and postage fee. If you have any question, you can contact us on Video Phone at 309.103.1943. [By the way, Tony also have DVD on Revelation videotaped by Deaf Church in 1997]

Why we pick the prayer of Jabez for the year of 2009? We are asking for God's guidance day by day and that He would blessed us like He blessed Jabez. I believe God wants to bless you too.
Have a Happy New Year!