Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Strength - 4

Verse for the Day: Exodus 15:2
THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH
KJV: The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God and I will exalt him.
NCV: The Lord gives me strength and makes me sing; he has saved me. He is my God, and I will praise him. He is the God of my fathers, and I will honor him.

Dorothy:
The verse signifies the victory song that the Lord was Israel’s strength. God had led the Israel through the divided water of the Red Sea. After they had crossed over, the host of Egyptians went in to chase after them to the middle of the Red Sea, even all Pharaoh’s horses, his chariots and his horsemen. Through the instruction of the Lord, Moses raised his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to its place. The Egyptians tried to run from it, but the Lord swept them away into the sea. The water returned, and covered all the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and all the horsemen and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them. Not one of them survived.

What did they do after that great victory over the Egyptians?
Moses and the Israelites sang song to the Lord [Exodus 15:1-18]. This song celebrates God’s victory at the Red Sea over Egyptian powers. It is a hymn of praise and thanksgiving to God for His majesty, military might, and faithfulness to His people. “The Lord gives me strength and makes me sing; he has saved me. He is my God, and I will praise him.” Wow! Great picture of who God is: The Lord is a man of war. The Lord is a warrior. The Lord is his name. The Lord fought for Israelites against Egypt. The Lord is great. Blessed be the God of our Salvation.

Note: there is something interesting that I would like to add.
The deliverance out of Egypt foreshadows and prophesies the victory of God’s people over Satan and the Antichrist during the last days; [Rev. 15:2] hence one of the songs of the redeemed is called the “song of Moses” [Revelation 15:3-4].

What does this means?
Whatever we read the story of the Red Sea that God had shown His power over the Egyptians, the Pharaoh and his armies, this should encourage us that God will bring deliverance to His people over the enemies. Interesting thing: Song of Moses in the Old Testament, then song of Moses in the future Revelation. The song is about how great is our God.

Song: How Great is our God.
How great is our God... How great is His name.
He is the greatest One… forever the same.
He rolled back the water… of the mighty Red Sea.
And He said, “Let me lead you… put your trust in Me.”