Friday, August 15, 2008

Strength - 1

Verses for the Day: Micah 5:4-5a
THE STRENGTH OF THE LORD
NIV: He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the LORD, in majesty of the name of the LORD his God. And they will live security, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth.
v5a And he will be their peace.
NCV: At the time the ruler of Israel will stand and take care of his people with the Lord's strength and with the power of the name of the Lord his God. The Israelites will live in safety, because his greatness will reach all over the earth. v5a He will bring peace.
KJV: And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth. v5a And this man shall be the peace.

Zechariah 10:12

NIV: "I will strengthen them in the Lord and in his name they will walk," declares the LORD.
NCV: "I will make my people strong, and they will live as I say," says the Lord.
KJV: "And I will strengthen them in the Lord; and they shall walk up and down in his name," saith the Lord.

Dorothy:
Micah and Zechariah were prophets of God and they gave prophecy about the "Coming Messiah who would rule all over the earth." God has promised strength to His people, Israel and to us today. The Scripture gives us hope where we will find strength from: GOD. Without strength, we become weak and feeble. We become tired. There is strength in the name of the Lord. May the Holy Spirit open our spiritual eyes to see the spiritual truth from God's word.

What does this means to me?
I was going through some tiring times. I said, "I am tired" over and over. The Holy Spirit came to me and He brought one word to my thought: STRENGTH. When my mind was on the word, "STRENGTH," my tired feelings disappeared. So I looked up the word, STRENGTH from Electronic Bible on King James Version and was surprised to find there were 316 of them. I went through and chose the ones with God, our strength and wrote them down in the journal. As of today, Holy Spirit brought the song: There's strength in the name of the Lord and from the electronic Bible on KJV, I found only two of them. I think it is great to share with you this morning. There will be series of "STRENGTH" since it has "healed my tired feelings". I pray this will bless you greatly.

Song from 'Sing His Praise'

There is strength in the name of the Lord;
There is pow'r in the name of the Lord;
There is hope in the name of the Lord!
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
[Lyrics and Music: Phill McHugh, Gloria Gaither,
Sandi Patti Helvering]