Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Building Character 1 4/1-4/19

01-04 April 2019 - Building Character 1 – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies
Building Character Through Honesty.

Proverbs 12:22 NIV, “The Lord detests (hate) lying lips, but He delights in people who are trustworthy.”

I often wonder what it will take to build character in a person. Why is building a character so important? It reminds me of a talent parable that one of the three servants had a bad attitude toward the master. The third servant was not allow to enter into his future kingdom instead the servant was cast into outer darkness.  What was he called? Unprofitable servant, wicked (unpleasant thoughts) and lazy servant.  [Ref: Matt. 25:26, 30]

This Scripture made me realized that it was all about building up a character in labor for the master.  The master wanted to know what kind of servant he would have for his future kingdom by giving them money to set up and work on their own business. During that time, the servants were developing the finance growth in business as well as building their character through labor and honesty.

To develop a small business, it takes a lot of planning, time consuming, trials and errors. Being honest in business is so very important.  For some people dishonesty is a habit that finally caught up in the open at the very end. Honesty, is also a habit, a habit that would provide a powerful reward for those who put character above personal comfort.

To put character above personal comfort means it is only through experience of trial and suffering that strengthened our soul, our vision cleared, our ambition be inspired and we have achieved our success.  Just remember that character CANNOT be developed in ease and quiet.  Character is not build by doing nothing.  Character is not build by being lazy.   Character is not build by giving nothing.  Like the master said to the third servant, “You are unprofitable, wicked and lazy.” Wicked means unpleasant thoughts.  

The parable of the talent gave us a warning to ask God, “What do You want me to do?” Prayer: Dear Lord, every day can be an exercise in character building with You as my partner.  You are first in my life and thank You for leading me to study Your Word and often worked on Manna to help others to be inspired by You.  And also help me to serve Tony as a caregiver. Help me to teach others with Bible Study and be useful in Your kingdom here and in the future kingdom.  Bless them that read this Manna in Jesus name. Amen!

Song: Have Thine Own Way, Lord
Have Thine own way, Lord,
Have Thine own way.
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay;
Mold me and make me, after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.
(Inspiring Choruses)
 
Dorothy
PS: What does this Manna means to me?  I was so impressed how God would touched someone to get me to read the Character building devotion booklet.  Why? Because God had seen Tony and me wondering what we could really do on a daily basis for Him. Then the studying the character building has opened my mind to realize that is exactly what God was doing.  Many verses became clear such as “all things works together”; “edifying us”; “be transformed by renewing of your mind”; “be conformed to the image of His Son”; “according to the working of His mighty power”; “study to show yourself approved unto God” and even quoting the “healing verses.”

God is working mightily inside of us meant “God is building a character inside of us.” Jesus, our Master’s goal is NOT to have an “unprofitable, wicked (unpleasant thoughts) and lazy servant” in His future kingdom.  As a famous deaf and blind Helen Keller’s quote, “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet.  Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.”

While I was meditating over this “Building Character Through Honesty,” I thought of two choruses that inspired me to share this with you.  I just pray that it would enlighten us to grasp what God is actually doing, “building a character” inside of us. Praise God!

Song: Keep Me True, Lord Jesus
Keep me true, Lord Jesus, keep me true;
Keep me true, Lord Jesus, keep me true;
There’s a race that I must run,
There are victories to be won.
Give me power, every hour, to be true.
(Inspiring Choruses)

Song: Jesus, Use Me
Jesus, use me,
And O, Lord don’t refuse me,
For surely there’s a work that I can do.
And even though it’s humble,
Help my will to crumble (break down).
Though the cost be great –
I’ll work for You.
(Inspiring Choruses)

May the Lord truly bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: