Sunday, April 7, 2019

Building Character 2 4/5-9/19

05-09 April 2019 - Building Character 2 – Manna by Dorothy Callies
Building Character by Putting God First.

Matthew 6:33 “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

How do I build my character with God? I seek Him first and I ask God to be my partner. I need to remind myself that anytime I have a problem, I need to believe that all things are possible with Him (Mark 10:27). Also I ask Him to show me how to budget our money-wise since we only depend on our SS benefits.  

In the past, I never thought of asking God for budget when we had enough money from working at Taco Bell as an extra income.  But now, it’s different so I felt like it forces me to get closer to God than before.  This taught me to consider God as my partner since reading the devotion book on building character. 

Building Character Part 1, I wrote about the third servant whose thought was “unpleasant.”  This makes me realize how the master deals with him.  The third servant didn’t consider himself to be partner with the master as other servants did.  The master trusted the other servants with the money business so in one sense they were partners with the master, building the money to start with.  

The third servant had an attitude that the master would take advantage of his labor while the master do nothing. When the master heard this, he said, “Fine, but you could have put the money in the bank to earn interest, itself, and I would have accept that.  But instead, you buried the money and did nothing with what I gave you.”  The servant was doing nothing, means there’s no building a character.  Does that makes sense?

It does to me.  So being partner with God often corrected my thoughts with different things.  He corrected me often through the devotion when I asked God what He wants me to read.  Really, He has been my partner all the time, but it just that it made me realize it more and more.  He shows me that He cares what I was thinking.  How great is our God!  How precious He is!

Song: Blessed Redeemer
Blessed Redeemer! Precious Redeemer!
Seems now I see Him on Calvary’s tree;
Wounded and bleeding, for sinner’s pleading,
Blind and unheeding, dying for me.
(Avis Burgeson Christiansen, Sing His Praise)

May the Lord bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: