Saturday, April 20, 2019

Building Character 5 - 4/19-22/19

19-22 April 2019 - Building Character 5 – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies
Theme: Discipline Builds Character

Proverbs 23:12 advises: “Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise.” (NIV)

The word, discipline means strict training that corrects or strengthens mental ability or moral character. God’s Words reminds me again and again that my Creator expects me to lead a disciplined life.  Getting up early in the morning is one of my disciplined life.  It leads me to Him and to His Word, the Bible. God continue to give me the talent which is the Manna and He expects me to share the Manna with you.

Discipline makes me feel better no matter how difficult the things are.  God doesn’t reward laziness.  I am constantly reminded that God does not reward lazy servant. Especially with the parable of the Talent.  From time to time, this parable reminded me that you cannot buried your talent that was already given to you.  Talent is not only money, but what you have like a gift to use, for God, for yourself and for others who would be blessed by you. 

Discipline brings greatest reward you could ever imagine! This build your character. Christ was disciplined all the way to the cross!  Christ brought salvation to the whole world.  It was discipline that builds character …

Prayer: Father God, I want to thank You for encouraged me to be a disciplined believer.  I thank You for helping me to be faithful to Your Word and to be influenced by Your Son, Jesus Christ.  You want us to be like Jesus.  I pray for my families and my friends to be a disciplined believer in Your Word, the Bible. I thank You for the marvelous Character Building series that has truly helped me so much.  I love You for that, Father God! In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen!

Song: Keep Me True, Lord Jesus
Keep me true, Lord Jesus, keep me true;
Keep me true, Lord Jesus, Keep me true;
There’s a race that I must run,
There are victory to be won,
Give me power, every hour, to be true.
(Inspiring Choruses)

God bless you today!
Dorothy

No comments: