Thursday, September 8, 2016

America! America! 9/10-12

10-12 September 2016 - America! America! Manna by Dorothy Callies

“America! America! God shed His grace on thee, and crown thy good with brother hood from sea to shining sea!”  That’s what came to me today on Sept. 8th! And I wondered what’s up with that!  I felt a strong spirit of patriot!

Later on, I realized that it has been 15 years ago that the World Trade Center Building has been destroyed on September 11, 2001.  I watched the TV advertised about this … I realized that there’s a spirit of America, being patriot, people who loves our country.  I seem to sense it very strongly and would like to sing this song.

God reminded me that as long as the nation honor God, He will bless the nation. Let us pray to bring God back into our nation since the pilgrims came to America to worship Him freely without any persecution.

Song: America, the Beautiful!
    (Katherine Lee Bates, Sing His Praise)
O beautiful for spacious skies,
     For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
     Above the fruited plain!
America!  America!
     God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good
             with brotherhood
     From sea to shining sea!

Thinking of all the people who died during that time were many heroes who tried to save the lives of others. I saw the words that touched my heart. 

O beautiful for heroes proved
     In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
     And mercy more than life!
America!  America!
     May God thy gold refine
Till all success
            Be nobleness
And every gain divine!

It makes me think of a verse Jesus said in John 15:13 NLT: “And here is how to measure it—greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends.”

May the Lord bless you as you pray for the nation to turn back to God!

Dorothy

No comments: