Saturday, September 17, 2016

A Heart Like Jesus 9/16-18

16-18 September 2016 – A Heart Like Jesus – Manna by Dorothy

Colossians 3:4 “And when Christ, who is your real life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all His glory.”

Could we really have a heart like Jesus? That is what God wants! Do we have a Scripture to prove this? Yes, it is in Romans 8:29 in NTL, “For God knew His people in advance, and He chose them to become like His Son . . .” 

I found this prayer song that was next page to the song, I Am Thine, O Lord.  It was in the Manna, Rise in Faith.  I was so impressed with the words and I realized that was a prayer to Jesus, asking Him to give us a heart just like His heart.  I am just learning to sing this. 

Just like His heart, you are revealing this to the whole world and sharing His glory to others who are hungry to see this.  It would be an awesome “operation of God”, meaning the work of God in you. The result of this: God would be glorified when you bear much fruit (John 15:8). NTL: “My true disciples produce much fruit.  This brings great glory to My Father.”  I pray that we revealed His glory to others.

Prayer Song: A Heart Like Your Heart, Lord
            (H. Maurice Lednicky, Sing His Praise)

Give me a heart like Your heart, O Lord, I pray:
A heart that is broken for one who’s gone astray.
Let me never grow calloused by the things I have seen,
But have a heart of compassion for a brother in need.

Give me a heart like Your heart, O Lord, I pray:
A heart ruled by love for there’s no better way.
Let me not remember wrongs that have come my way,
But have a heart of forgiveness for another today.

May the Lord bless you today!

Dorothy



No comments: