Monday, July 6, 2015

Trust or Distrust? (7/6-8)

06-08 July 2015 - Trust or Distrust? – Manna by Dorothy Callies with help of a friend!

Psalm 115:9 “O, Israel, trust in the Lord! He is their help and their shield.”

What is the opposite of trust? Distrust. And what is one of many things that cause us to distrust God? Anxiety! It is difficult for many people to trust when they are anxious. Actually, some people say they trust while they are anxious and then try to justify it. In another word, they are saying, it is almost normal to be anxious sometimes. The fact is, if a person is anxious, then the person is NOT trusting.

If we are truly trusting God, then we are at peace and have peace within. If there’s even the tiniest hint of anxiety, we have to admit that we are not truly trusting in God. So the question is: what is the opposite of peace? Anxiety. Anxiety and peace cannot abide together. If Jesus said, “Abide in Me.” Is Jesus anxious? Jesus said, “Let me teach you how to have peace.” So when we sing, it is so sweet to trust in Jesus, stand on His Word and allow the anxiety to disappear. This is a song of deliverance from anxiety!  So let’s sing!

Song: ‘Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus by Louisa M. R. Stead.
‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
 Just to take Him at His Word;
 Just to rest upon His promise,
 And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
 
Chorus:
 Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
 How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
 Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
 Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
 
 Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
 Just to trust His cleansing blood;
 Just in simple faith to plunge me
 ‘Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
 
 Yes, ‘tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
 Just from sin and self to cease;
 Just from Jesus simply taking
 Life and rest, and joy and peace.
 
 I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
 Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
 And I know that Thou art with me,
 Wilt be with me to the end.
 
A modern version for children that is used in VBS:
 "Oh So Sweet”
Oh so sweet! (Sweet!) Oh so fine! (Fine!)
Jesus came to save me and
He’s with me all the time!
Oh so sweet! (Sweet!) Oh so true! (True!)
Because You love me, Jesus,
I have a sweet life in You!

No comments: