Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Little Things (7/22-23)

22-23 July 2015 - Little Things – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Luke 16:10 NKJV, “He (you) who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much …”

In Matthew 25:21 NKJV, “… you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things.” NCV: “… Because you were loyal with small things, I will let you care for much greater things.”

On Tuesday morning of July 21st, I pondered what to work on Manna and the Lord spoke to my heart about the “little things.” So I found a few especially I see that this verse from Matthew 25th was about the story of three servants or the parable of the talents. It should be well-known Scriptures, however there were a small part that may be overlooked by many.

It is about little things … I have heard that some people have said, “Oh, that little thing isn’t worth it” or “oh that little things … it’s nothing to worry about it” or “that little thing, it isn’t that important. Let it go.” WRONG! That little thing does count … God does look at the little things.  Let’s look at Matthew 7:21 what Jesus said.

KJV: “Not everyone that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he (anyone) that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven”. NCV: “Not all those who say that I am their Lord will enter the Kingdom of heaven. The only people who will enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do what My Father in heaven wants.”

Now, I wonder if those people that Jesus said that many will not make it to heaven because they may have thought that “little things” may have been “not important” as the “big things.” You asked, “What big things?” Jesus quoted “the big things” that the people came to Him with their reasons, “But we did prophesied …, we did cast out devils …, we have done many miracles …, we did big things … so why couldn’t we get into heaven?”

Jesus answered to them that He didn’t know them (Matt.7:23). So what was the problem? Simple … they didn’t do what God wants, His will, and His chosen plan for them. God may have asked them to do “little things” for Him, but they “ignored Him” because “they thought the big things were more important.”  

That’s why Paul said, “Whatever you do, do it as unto the Lord, not unto men” and then you can be assured that Jesus will say to you, “Oh yes, I know you. You did well. You are a good and loyal servant. Because you were loyal with small things, I will let you care for much greater things. Come and share My joy with me” (Matt. 25:21 NCV).

I believe this is a very convicting message that God is speaking to us right now. If you ever thought that little things was nothing, “watch it!” Don’t let the devil deceive you! Wake up! Get to know your heavenly Father and His will for you! He is waiting for you. I pray that Holy Spirit reminds us, “little things matter to God!” 

Song: Jesus Use Me
Je-sus, use me, and
O Lord, don’t refuse me,
For surely there’s a work that I can do;
And even tho’ it’s humble,
Help my will to crumble, (break down)
Tho’ the cost be great, I’ll work for you.
(Billy and Jack Campbell, Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: