Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Brought Low? (7/13-15)

13-15 July 2015 - Brought Low? Manna by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 116:6 “I was brought low and He helped me.”

I did some research on the word, low. I find it interesting to share several meaning from the word, low. One was the deep sound of a cow. That doesn’t fit this verse’s meaning, but interesting. Another meaning was, not high or tall; placed below the normal level. Another meaning for low was stricken, trouble with disease, misfortune, or sorrow. Another was prostrate, stretched out with the face on the ground. 2: completely overcome or exhausted like prostrate with grief.

That one seems to fit the verse like prostrate with grief … exhausted ... I looked at another meaning was feeble, and weak, not cheerful or lively. Feeble means lacking in strength or endurance. Also for weak means lacking physical strength and not able to stand much weight, pressure, or strain.

Do you ever felt like this? I was brought low … I was in sorrow … I was exhausted … I don’t have enough strength … I just lost someone dear to me … My body is giving me problem … My body isn’t functioning well … Some friends have just lost their love ones …

Three big words hit a homerun: HE HELPED ME! Let us focus on that … God helped me! He helped me! God provides with what is useful in making you a success! God gives relieves! God wants to free us wholly from a burden or distress! God wants to lift us! God wants to hug us! God wants to love us! So let us sing a song of deliverance!

Song: I’m So Glad Jesus Lifted Me!
I’m so glad Jesus lifted me,
I’m so glad Jesus lifted me,
I’m so glad Jesus lifted me,
Singing glory, hallelujah,
Jesus lifted me.

Satan had me bound but Jesus set me free,
Satan had me bound but Jesus set me free,
Satan had me bound but Jesus set me free
Singing glory, hallelujah,
Jesus set me free.
(Inspiring Choruses)

Song: I’m So Happy
I’m so happy, here’s the reason why,
Jesus took my burden all away;
Now I’m singing as the days go by,
Jesus took my burdens all away.

Once my heart was heavy with a load of sin,
Jesus took my burden, gave me peace within.
Now I’m singing as the days go by,
Jesus took my burdens all away.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: