Sunday, July 26, 2015

The World Hates (7/27-29)

27-29 July 2015 - The World Hates – Manna by Dorothy Callies

John 7:7 KJV, “The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.” NCV: “The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me, because I tell it the evil things it does.” (Jesus was speaking to the religious Jews).

The word, hate means a strong dislike; to feel strong dislike toward a person; to have a strong feeling of disgust for or to have a strong feeling against someone. This one meaning of hate suggests deep dislike and the wishing of harm to another which seems to fit “the Jews who sought to kill Jesus” (John 5:18).

The commentary stated that Jesus was hated by the world. Why? Because He would exposed their evil deeds, the people who were separated from God. Their deeds would be depraved (pervert or to make evil), sinful, selfish and evil. Throughout His ministry Jesus faithfully spoke against injustice, cruelty, and immorality. This makes the religious Jews very angry enough to plot death against Christ. He said, “But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you” (John 5:42).

Why would Jesus say that they do not have the love of God in them? The answers are found in reading from John 5:38-42 NCV: “His teaching does not live in you, because you don’t believe in the One the Father sent. 39) You carefully study the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life, 40) but you refuse to come to Me to have that life. 41) I don’t need praise from people. 42) But I know you—I know that you don’t have God’s love in you.”

What really impressed me? Jesus spoke directly to the religious Jews that they didn’t have the love of God in them. Why? Because they wanted to kill Him for “breaking Moses’ law.” What kind of law that Jesus had broken? John 5:18 KJV, “Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill Him, because He not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.” The religious Jews did not believe that Jesus was God’s Son.

One time I was working as a binder in the printing company. There was a supervisor who was giving me a hard time and I was wondering why this happened. It was then Jesus spoke to me, “They don’t really hate you. It is Me they hated.”  I received the inner peace when Jesus helped me understand what’s “behind the scene.” I began to pray for my supervisor’s salvation. Years later, I was delighted to learn she accepted Christ along with her teen daughter.

What inspired me? To Jesus, it is important for us to have the love of God inside of us. In order to keep on having the love of God inside of us, we need to have “God’s teaching” lives inside of us and to believe that God the Father has sent Jesus to the world for our salvation. 

Song: I Love My Lord
I love my Lord and He loves me,
I love my Lord and He loves me.
From day to day He cares for me
He proved His love for me on Calvary.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: