Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Jesus is Your Fellowship

February 18-19, 2014 - Jesus is Your Fellowship – Manna by Dorothy Callies

John 15:4a “Remain in Me, and I will remain in you” (NCV). “Abide in Me, and I in you” (KJV).

The word, remain brought a strong impact on my heart. I interpret this: “Stay with Me, and I will stay with you.” Some translations used “Remain in Me.” I felt like it was important to look up in the dictionary technology, remain. So I choose one meaning that fit this statement: to stay with the same person and to continue unchanged. The word, abide means to live or continue in a place.

The word, remain are bonds of friendship and fellowship. The fellowship is a wonderful word. It means a friendly relationship, a sharing of interest or feeling. Jesus often spoke this: “I have made known to you everything I heard from My Father.” (Ref. Jn.15:15 ncv) 

Jesus encouraged the disciples to remain in Him. I could imagine how those twelve disciples listened very carefully what He has to say to them. From the beginning of John 13 chapter, Jesus’ time has come and He knew what they would have to go through. Jesus spend time with disciples and talked to them about a lot of things through John 14, 15, 16 and Jesus spoke of His farewell to His disciples. Jesus’ greatest prayer was John 17. He prayed for God to glorify Him; He prayed for disciples and He prayed for us.

Jesus wants our fellowship with Him. Somehow I found the song called, “Come and Dine” and after reading the words, I thought, “Wow, this is good and I like the words.” It reminds me of the famous verse of Rev. 3:20 when Jesus knocks at the door, if anyone would open the door and let Him come in and eat together for fellowship.

                       Song: Come and Dine
Chorus:
“Come and dine,” the Master calleth, “Come and dine”;
  You may feast at Jesus’ table all the time;
  He who fed the multitude, Turned the water into wine,
  To the hungry calleth now, “Come and dine.”

1. Jesus has a table spread, Where the saints of God are fed;
    He invites His chosen people, “Come and dine”;
    With His manna He doth feed, And supplies our every need;
    O ‘tis sweet to sup with Jesus all the time!

2. The disciples came to land, Thus obeying Christ’s command,
    For the Master called to them, “O come and dine”,
    There they found their hearts’ desire, Bread and fish upon the fire;
    Thus He satisfies the hungry every time.

3. Soon the Lamb will take His bride, To be ever at His side;
    All the host of heaven will assembled be;
    O ‘twill be a glorious sight, All the saints in spotless white;
    And with Jesus they will feast eternally.
        (Lyrics: C. B. Widmeyer, Sing His Praise)

No comments: