Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Jesus is Your Forgiveness

February 4-5, 2014 - Jesus Is Your Forgiveness – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool” (kjv).

God compared sins are like scarlet, bright red and crimson are like a deep purplish red. During Isaiah’s time, God was speaking to His people to turn to Him. God spoke from His heart through Isaiah from the whole chapter one. God did not want to condemn and destroy His own people. God offered full forgiveness if they would only repent, put away evil, strive to do well, and obey His word.

I love the way God said to His people through Isaiah, “Come now, and let us reason together.” He wanted the fellowship with His own people. He wanted to be close to them again. His heart was opened. His love was huge. His arms wide opened.

God’s forgiveness is available for all. The Lord says, “Come, let us talk about these things. Though your sins are like scarlet, they can be as white as snow. Though your sins are deep red, they can be white like wool” (Is.1:18 ncv). In the New Testament, God offered Christ and cleansing through the blood of Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:1-2 “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2) And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world” (kjv). “My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if you do sin, there is someone to plead for you before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who pleases God completely. 2) He is the sacrifice for our sins. He takes away not only our sins but the sins of all the world” (nlt).

To people who are feeling guilty and condemned, John offers reassurances. They know they have sinned, and Satan (called “the Accuser” in Rev. 12:10) is demanding the death penalty. When you feel this way, don’t give up hope—best defense attorney in the universe is pleading your case. Jesus Christ, your advocate, your defender, is the Judge’s Son. Christ has already suffered your penalty in your place. This is why our Heavenly Father tells you, “Come, and let us reason together,” knowing that Christ is your advocate.

         Song: Come and Go With Me
Come and go with me .. to my Father’s house,
To my Father’s house, .. to my Father’s house.
Come and go with me .. to my Father ‘s house
Where there’s peace, .. sweet .. peace.

Jesus will be there .. in my Father’s house,
In my Father’s house, .. in my Father’s house.
Jesus will be there .. in my Father’s house,
Where there’s peace, .. sweet .. peace.
(Collection chorus from memory, author unknown)

No comments: