Friday, June 4, 2010

Laid Down Lives

Paul wrote: "Greet Priscilla and Aquila
my helpers in Christ Jesus: Who have for
my life laid down their own necks ..."
Romans 16:3-4a kjv

What did they do? v.4a ncv "... risked
their own lives to save my (Paul's)
life. I am thankful to them ..."

Priscilla and Aquila were a hospitable couple
who opened their hearts and home to Paul and
others even at the risk of death. Priscilla
and Aquila were close friends of Paul.

Paul called them "my helpers (fellow-workers)
in Christ Jesus" and he explained what he meant.
They risked their lives in order to save him.
It was very risky to be part of Paul's ministry.
Why? Because the Christians were being persecuted
for their belief in Jesus Christ.

If the Roman soldiers caught Priscilla and Aquila
doing this, they would be killed. They risk their
necks mean they risk their lives for Paul. So
their friends could know Jesus as the One who also
laid down His life and died for them as well.

Prayer song: Lord, Lay Some Soul
Lord, lay some soul upon my heart,
And love that soul thru me;
And may I nobly (ever) do my part
To win that soul for Thee.
(Chorus: Leon Tucker)

May God touch your hearts today
because He loves you!