Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Challenge?

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou can believe,
all things are possible to him that believeth.

The story of a father who came to Jesus for help.
His son who was bothered by demons. The father was
desperate since his growing son was a child.

Here Jesus challenged the father with a question:
IF YOU CAN BELIEVE. Believeth means keep on believing.
Two letters 'th' added to any words usually means "to
keep on." The father spoke the word, "Lord, I believe"
(V24). His son was healed (Mark 9:17-27).

This story challenges us with a question that Jesus ask:
IF YOU CAN BELIEVE. We say, 'Lord, I believe.' Jesus said:
'Then keep on believing.' Why? It will build your faith.
It will grow strong, and stronger. Every time problem
challenge you, you keep on saying, 'Lord, I believe.'
Even whisper and simply say, 'Lord, I believe.' Be at
peace that He has heard us.

So trust God today!

Song: Lord, I Believe
Lord, I believe, Lord, I believe,
Savior raise my faith in thee
'till it can move a mountain.
Lord, I believe, Lord, I believe,
All my doubts are buried
in the fountain.
(Song collection: Author unknown)