Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jesus, My All

". . . Christ is in all believers,
and Christ is all that is important."
Colossians 3:11b (NCV)

There is a song called "Jesus is All the
World to Me." It has 4 verses and was
written in 1904 by Will L. Thompson. I
will use the first verse to share. The
verse is pretty simple to understand.
Jesus is all the world to me. "All the
world" means very important so you could
say, "Jesus is very important to me."
"All the world" could also mean everything.
You could sing, "Jesus is everything to me."
Jesus is always there ready to help us in
times of trouble, sorrow, etc.
(Thank you Pastor Bill Persall of Edmonton)

Song: Jesus Is All the World to Me
1. Jesus is all the world to me,
My life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day;
Without Him I would fall.
When I am sad to Him I go,
No other one can cheer me so;
When I am sad .. He makes me glad;..
He's ... my ... friend ...
(Will Lamartine Thompson,
from Sing His Praise Book)


It was really good to have Holy Spirit
that keeps us close to Jesus even with
the song.

So let's trust the Holy Spirit!