Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fear Not, I Will Strength You

Isaiah 41:10
KJV: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I WILL STRENGTH THEE; yea I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

NCV: So don't worry, because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I WILL MAKE YOU STRONG and will help you; I will support you with my right hand that saves you.

AMP: Fear not; [there is nothing to fear] for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed [loss of courage because of fear of what is about to happen; trouble greatly], for I am your God. I WILL STRENGTHEN AND HARDEN YOU [to difficulties]; yes, I will help you; yes I will hold you up and retain [hold; keep] you with My victorious right hand of rightness and justice.

Dorothy:
Wow! What an awesome promise from the Lord our wonderful God who cares about us. We are in the New Testament time, but we became the chosen servants of God and we can claim the promises of these verses for ourselves. God's word has spoken to us that we must not fear other humans because God is with us.

The word "harden" means He will make us able to "endure" anything we face. He will give us grace and strength when we need to face all the things that are happening around us. God will help us through times of crises and He will be our peace. He will also support us and be our advocate, like a lawyer in time of need. God begins doing a good work in us, and let us trust Him to continue until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again.

This is my prayer for you:

That your love will grow more and more; that you will have knowledge and understanding with your love; that you will see the difference between good and bad and will choose the good; that you will be pure and without wrong for the coming of Christ. See the good about trusting Him, and realize that it is bad to worry too much. I pray that we all talk about good things God will do for us in Jesus' name. Amen!

Song:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not to your own understanding.
In all your ways, acknowledge [get to know] Him and
He shall direct your path.

May the Lord shine His face upon you and bless you today.