Friday, September 26, 2008

God Hath Not Given Us the Spirit of Fear

II Timothy 1:7
KJV: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. NAS: For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. AMP: For God did not give us a spirit of timidity—of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear—but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. NCV: God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control.

Dorothy:
If God did not give us a bad and fearful spirit then who did? Satan tried to shoot his arrows of many kind of bad fears. God wants us to know that He does not try to put bad fears in us. Have you ever wonder why God quoted, “Fear Not” many, many times? The answer is found in I John 4:18-19 with three translations:
KJV: There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear; because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first love us.
AMP: There is no fear in love – dread does not exist; but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror. For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love – is not yet grown into love’s complete perfection. We love Him, because He first loved us.
NCV: Where God’s love is, there is no fear because God’s perfect love drives out fear, so love is not made perfect in the person who fears. We love because God first loved us.

Also in Hebrews 13:5b-6a in NCV: God has said, “I will never leave you; I will never forget you.” So we can be sure when we say, “I will not be afraid, because the Lord is my helper.”

What does this means to me?
Love is a powerful thing. If I am fearful, I will remember that love is missing. So I would quote: God does not give me spirit of fear. He gave me power to overcome my bad fears. He gave me love through the power of Holy Spirit and Holy Spirit helps me to have self-control. I pray for my friends too. Amen. May you be bless today.

Poem/Song: The Spirit of the Lord by Dorothy Callies

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
Because He hath anointed me to sing.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
Because He has anointed me to bring.
The gospel to all, great or small.
To open prison’s door, and that what’s for.
To set the captive free, and the blind to see.
The lame to walk, and the dumb to talk.
To heal the broken-hearted, and lift up dishearten.
To set at liberty, and that is for me.
Once I was bruised, but now I am used,
By the Spirit of the Lord…
By the Spirit of the Lord…
By the Spirit of the Lord…