Monday, September 15, 2008

Fear Not, Thy Words Were Heard

Daniel 10:11-13
KJV: And he (Gabriel) said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak with thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. V12 Then said he unto me, FEAR NOT, Daniel for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, THY WORDS WERE HEARD, and I am come for thy words. V13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
Daniel 10:11-14
NCV: The man in the vision said to me, “Daniel, God loves you very much. Think carefully about the words I will speak to you, and stand up, because I have been sent to you.” When he said this, I stood up, but I was still shaking. V12 Then the man said to me, “Daniel, DO NOT BE AFRAID. Some times ago you decided to get understanding and to humble yourself before your God. Since that time GOD HAS LISTENED TO YOU, and I have come because of your prayers. V13 But the prince of Persia has been fighting against me for twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the most important angels, came to help me, because I had been left there with the king of Persia. V14 Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people, because the vision is about a time in the future.”

Dorothy:
Daniel prayed and fasted for twenty-one days and nothing had happened. He had visions and Daniel needed God to explain to him what they meant. God sent Gabriel from the very first day Daniel had prayed and Daniel’s prayer was heard. But Satan tried to stop Gabriel from getting to Daniel. So Michael came to help Gabriel but the warfare went on for twenty-one days. Finally, Gabriel came through and met with Daniel.

Daniel was encouraged as this angel called him, “a man greatly beloved” and told him, “Fear not” (v.12). God loves Daniel for his love and faithfulness to Him. Daniel had a house in Babylonia and he went to pray in an upstairs room which had windows that opened toward Jerusalem. Three times each day Daniel would kneel down to pray and thank God, just as he faithfully had done. This was probably why Daniel was a man that God really loved him.

Do you ever felt like that your prayers were not always heard? Be of good cheer, God has heard your prayers. He is saying, “Fear not, I have heard all of your prayers.” Like Jesus said, “men ought always to pray and not to faint” [Luke 18:1]. Keep praying and thanking Him will keep us in touch with God and He will called you, “a child of greatly beloved.” Keep thanking Him like Daniel did to God three times a day. Remember, Daniel was taken captive from his homeland, Jerusalem about 500 miles or more to Babylonia where he stayed. Yet, Daniel had an excellent spirit in him because he thanked God three times a day. Let this Word of God encourage our hearts to thank Him daily.

[Suggest reading Daniel 9:20-27; 10:1-21; 11:1]