Sunday, June 15, 2008

Work 'Till Jesus Comes

Song collection:
We'll work ... 'till Jesus comes,
we'll work ... 'till Jesus comes,
we'll work ... 'till Jesus comes,
And then we'll be gathering home.

Jesus said, Occupy [do business] Till I come.
Luke 19:13,16,17
KJV: And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. v.16-17 Then came the first, saying, Lord thy pound hath gained ten pounds. And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

NCV: So he called ten of his servants and gave a coin to each servant. He said, 'Do business with this money until I get back.' v.16-17 The first servant came and said, 'Sir, I earned ten coins with the one you gave me.' The king said to the servant, 'Excellent! You are a good servant. Since I can trust you with small things, I will let you rule over ten of my cities.'
Note: coin: A Greek "mina." One mina was enough money to pay a person for working three months.

Luke 16:10a
KJV: "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much..."
NCV: "Whoever can be trusted with a little can also be trusted with a lot..."

Dorothy:
Those verses remind me how important it is to be faithful in little things now, and in God's kingdom in the future, we can be trusted to be faithful to do greater things. Jesus talked about little things you do on earth, God can trust you to take a bigger responsibility in God's kingdom. At Taco Bell where I work, I "practice" doing little things that I enjoy helping out because I think about getting myself ready for the kingdom of God. How about you? Are you getting ready for God's kingdom when you realize how important that little things you do are to Jesus?