Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Pray

Poem written by Dorothy Callies in 1985.

Father, the hour is come
Glorify thy Son;
That Thy Son may glorify Thee.

Thou hast given Me power and grace
To accept all the hardships I would face
Eternal life to many as Thou has given Me.

I have glorified Thee on the earth
Since the day of My birth.
I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do.

I have given them Your Word
Out of My mouth, they have heard.
Each word was given and they truly believed in You.

Now, I pray for them for they are Thine.
All Mine are Thine, and Thine are Mine.
Keep them, Oh, Father, from this world at all cost.

I am in this world no more,
But these do and I come to Thee for
You, Father to keep them that none will be lost.

I pray that all of My believers may be one.
I pray that Our desires for them may be done.
That the world may see and truly know Our greatest love.

Neither do I pray for these disciples alone,
But many more who will come to me to atone.
That they may behold My glory and Holy Spirit, My Dove.

--Jesus Christ