Monday, July 9, 2018

Growing in the Wind 7/1-10/18

01-10 July 2018 - Growing in the Wind – Manna by Dorothy and Tony Callies 
Mark 4:41 “. . . Even the wind and the waves obey Him!”

“Imagine a world without wind.  Lakes would be calm.  Falling leaves wouldn’t blow in the streets.  But in still air, who would expect trees to suddenly fall over?  That’s what happened in a three-acre glass dome built in the Arizona desert.

Trees growing inside a huge windless bubble called ‘Biosphere 2’ grew faster than normal until suddenly collapsing under their own weight.  Project researchers eventually came up with an explanation.  These trees needed wind stress to grow strong.” [Note from The Daily Bread devotion by Mart Dehaan]

Dorothy:  God, the Father had been speaking to me through this special devotion that I had read several times in the past.  But this time, God allows this article to go deeper into my heart about “Growing in the Wind.”  

You know, we talked a lot about “stress of life.”  I wonder if that was normal or not until I read the sentence . . . “These trees needed wind stress to grow strong.”  Then having a daily stress of life is like a wind against us in order to become strong.  I remember Psalm 1:3 tells us that “we shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bring out fruits in season.” 

How do I feel about this?  Awesome!  It just encourages me to understand the handiwork of our Heavenly Father, the importance of the “Wind” that truly built our faith in Jesus Christ.  Yes, God send the Holy Spirit to teach us all things which I reminded myself daily with John 14:26. 

I pray for my friends and my family who are going through a lot of challenges that they will understand the value of “growing with the wind.” May this devotion reminds us that the trees without facing the wind, will certainly collapsed. Lord, I ask you to open our eyes that we may see Your wonderful work in our daily lives.  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen!

Song:  Trust in the Lord
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,
And lean not to your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
(Inspiring choruses from Prov. 3:5-6)

May the Lord truly bless you!

Dorothy
Note:  Those nine days has been a trying time for me until I read the article about “growing in the wind.”  Then I understood those “trying times” are actually the “winds” that strengthen me and Tony and I pray that this devotion will strengthen you as well.

No comments: