Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Bend His Head 7/11-20/18

11-20 July 2018 – He Bend His Head to me – Revised Manna from Dec. 1-4, 2013 - He Inclined to me.

Psalm 40:1 “I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined to me, and heard my cry.”
NCV: “I waited patiently for the Lord.  He turned to me and heard my cry.”

The word, incline means to bend the head or body forward or to lean; to bend from an upright position like [the tree leans to one side]. So I visualized God bend His body and His head with His ear to hear my cry. David knew God would incline, bend down Himself to hear his cry. So David waited patiently for the Lord.

John, the beloved mentioned that someday, “we shall be like Him” (1John 3:2). Paul mentioned that “God chose us to become like His Son” (Romans 8:29). So how do we become like His Son? Waiting on the Lord does that work, transforming us to be like Him. It is God’s work through the power of Holy Spirit for “we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is” (1Jn.3:2).

Come to think of it! What exactly does the word, wait mean? It means to remain in place in readiness (prepared for use or action) or expectation of something. Await means to be ready for something like [a reward awaits you].

Dorothy:  On Friday morning, I was praying more earnestly for Tony. I was losing patience for not seeing result.  Today as of July 14, 2018 on Saturday morning, after arriving home from errands, Tony got out of the car and walked by himself a few feet away from the car without a walker.  I had to hurry around the car and to get a walker for Tony. I said to Tony, “Wow! What a faith! You walked a few steps by yourself!”   

Holy Spirit reminds me that God does care and He heard my cry.  That was a great encouragement to me. It led me to sing this chorus.

Song: O, To Be Like Thee
O, to be like Thee! O, to be like Thee!
Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.
[Lyrics: Thomas Obediah Chisholm, Sing His Praise]

May God bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: