Friday, July 27, 2018

All Glory to God 7/28-29/18

28-29 July 2018 - All Glory to God – Manna by Dorothy and Tony Callies
1 Corinthians 10:31 “Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”

This is a constant reminder that whatever I do I need to remember that I am doing it all to the glory of God.  It is like, I am making God happy. I am honoring Him.  I am pleasing Him.  He is the Creator so He is pleased what He created me to be. 

Prayer: “Lord, help me to do great things as though they were little, since I do them with Your power; and little things as though they were great, since I do them in Your name.” This prayer is very deeply scriptural.  Paul said, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Phil.4:13) and encourages, “whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (1 Cor. 10:31). [Notes from Daily Bread]

I want to share a friend’s translation:  I like the word empower.  Our fellowship group quotes Phil 4:13 this way: “I can do all things through Him Who empowers me from within!” Sometimes we replace the words “Him Who” with Yahshua (Hebrew Name for Jesus- some people spell it Yeshua).  

The word “empower” reminds me of John Graham’s preaching way back in 2003 in the state of Washington when National Deaf Culture Fellowship were present. John used several illustrations to explain what empower means.  One illustration I remember was when John was working on something, he had problem and he could not get it right.  So his wife came and asked what he needs help with.  John explained and his wife knew what to do and got it fixed. 

Then John explained the idea was “empower.”  When he could not solved the problem alone, his wife came to help.  This is “empower.”  My wife came to help me and she empower me to be able to do my job.  Together we signed “power” and “with” as “together.”  Empowerment means together.  Like we have problem, Christ came and asked what do you need?  He works with us.  That is empowerment. 

God is glorified when Christ empowered us to do it all for the glory of God.  I pray again that Holy Spirit help us: “Lord, help me to do great things as though they were little, since I do them with Your power; and little things as though they were great, since I do them in Your name.”  In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen!

Song: Friendship with Jesus
Friendship with Jesus
Fellowship divine;
Oh, what blessed sweet communion,
Jesus is a friend of mine.
(Inspiring Choruses)

May God bless you today!

Dorothy

No comments: