Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tell It All 5/13-16/18

13-16 May 2018 - Tell It All – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 62:8 “Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.”

I was reading a short devotion about how the writer was telling about a clerk who helped him buy a small digital voice recorder.  The clerk explained how he kept one just like it in his car when he worked in California.  The clerk used it to talk about everything that happened that day on the job. When he arrived home, he erase it all so no need to go over days’ problems with his family. 

Being Deaf, I can’t use the voice recorder.  I would use the video recorder if I want to sign my problems and to “pour out my heart” into it and then erase it.  But here’s a problem with video recorder.  It is a dead end and I would still feel like it doesn’t really “cure my problems.”  Why? Because I am human and I need another person to talk to.

That’s where God comes in.  The psalmist wrote: “People, trust God at all time. Tell Him all your problems, because God is our protection” (Psalm 62:8 NCV).  I like the KJV’s quote: “pour out your heart before Him.” To pour out is to let your heart flow freely to Him.  I poured out my troubles to God who would listen to me.

“God, my back hurt. All the packing to do, I can’t even do some heavy work. I guess I just have to ask friends for help.  Gee! Getting older is no fun at all.  Please, I ask You to strengthen my back.  Teach me how to rest in You like Scripture says in Psalm 62:1-2,5-7 NCV.

“I find rest in God; only He can save me.  He is my rock and my salvation.  He is my defender; I will not be defeated. I find rest in God; only He gives me hope.  He is my rock and my salvation.  He is my defender; I will not be defeated.  My honor and salvation comes from God.  He is my mighty rock and my protection.”

Boy . . . that made me feels good because I have a God who hears me and He gave me strengthen in my body when I quote the Scriptures.  It reminds me of a song, What a Friend we have in Jesus.  Thank You, heavenly Father for being such a wonderful God!

Song: What a Friend We Have in Jesus
What a Friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace often forfeit (forget),
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!
[Lyrics: Joseph Medlicott Scriven, Sing His Praise]

May the Lord bless you today.

Dorothy

No comments: