Thursday, February 8, 2018

Walking in Sunlight 2/8-11/18

08-11 February 2018 - Walking in Sunlight – Bread Verse by Dorothy

John 8:12 Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. The person who follows me will never live in darkness but will have the light that gives life” (NCV).

Many years ago on Sunday night service, I remember Brother Hosteller of LA Deaf Church sang this song, Heavenly Sunlight when I was a teenager.  I was impressed with his expression in rhythm in sign language that makes the song more blessing.  He moved his shoulder and swayed back and forth as to show the rhythm of the song.  It was an awesome experience for me as a Deaf person with a visual sign language with a song and to be able to feel God’s presence. This is why I love that song and want to memorize it. Also from technology Bible, I was surprised to find so many references on “Sunlight” so I just want to share one verse that impressed me.

Ephesians 5:8-9 “In the past you were full of darkness, but now you are full of light in the Lord. So live like children who belong to the light. Light brings every kind of goodness, right living and truth” (NCV).

Song: Heavenly Sunlight
(Lyrics: Henry J. Zelley, Sing His Praise)

1. Walking in sunlight, all of my journey,
Over the mountains thro’ the deep vale;
Jesus has said, “I’ll never forsake thee,”
Promise divine that never can fail.
Chorus:
Heavenly sunlight, heavenly sunlight,
Flooding my soul with glory divine;
Hallelujah, I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine.

2. Shadows around me, shadows above me,
Never conceal my Savior and Guide;
He is the light, in Him is no darkness;
Ever I’m walking close to His side.

3. In the bright sunshine, ever rejoicing,
Pressing my way to mansions above;
Singing His praises gladly I’m walking,
Walking in sunlight, sunlight of love.

May God bless you!

Dorothy Callies
PS. Tony still needs prayer to keep up his strength as he started seeing his personal trainer once a week at Gold Gym for work out. I also need prayer for God’s strength in me.  I believed God’s word that Tony is a brand new man. We both watched Joel Osteen’s preaching on TBN and his sermon encourage our faith that God has a plan. 

No comments: