Saturday, February 17, 2018

God Has Not Promised 2/17-20/18

Sharing from a Friend by Dorothy Callies

Song: God Has Not Promised
[Anne Johnson Flint, 1866-1932 comfort in trials & grace for suffering]

1. God has not promised skies always blue
Flower strewn pathways, all our lives through;
God has not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

CHORUS:
But God has promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing kindness, undying love.

2. God has not promised we shall not know
Toil and temptation, trouble and woe;
He has not told us we shall not bear
Many a burden, many a care.

3. God not has not promised smooth roads and wide,
Swift, easy travel, needing no guide;
Never a mountain, rocky and steep,
Never a river, turbid and deep.

Dorothy: A friend send this song that has really touched my heart.  I felt my inner spirit that understood God’s purpose in our lives and to be able to trust that God always promised strength for each day. His mercy is new every morning.  His miracle is new every day. His love is endearing every evening. Thank you, Lord for Your kindness.

I thought of Paul what he had gone through and how he had written 14 letters, the words of encouragement to the Christians to keep their faith in God no matter what. Also the Damascus experience that Paul had encountered with Jesus. And what Jesus told Ananias, the prophet that Paul was a chosen vessel to bring His name before the Gentiles, kings, and Israel and that Paul would suffer great things for His name’s sake.

And I recalled many verses that Paul gladly suffer for Christ so that Paul could spread the Good News of Jesus Christ. When I read Paul’s letters, my inner spirit rejoices to receive God’s Word for my soul. Especially Paul’s prayer that has really inspired me to pray specifically for Tony.  I don’t know Tony’s future, but I know who holds Tony’s hand and God lead the way. So day by day, I marveled how he remain alive after all Tony has been through. Next March 24th, Tony will be 81.  
God bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: